The 1987 Foundation
An invitation for BRACE supporters
In 2018, BRACE launched a special legacy initiative called the 1987 Foundation. This was created as a membership organisation to thank all supporters who pledge a future gift in their Will to BRACE. Membership is free and comes with significant benefits and privileges.
Members of the 1987 Foundation are invited to an annual lunch, which takes place on or around 24th September every year, the date the charity was founded over 30 years ago.
In the inaugural year it was hosted by BBC presenter and broadcaster Jonathan Dimbleby. In 2019 we were honoured to have the well-known actress, Stephanie Cole OBE, hosting an afternoon tea event in Bristol.
On the 23rd September 2020 we are hosting a lunch, talk and tour of the Bristol Botanical gardens. Please consider joining us.
Should you decide to join the 1987 Foundation the size and nature of your pledge will remain completely confidential to you and you can also remain anonymous if you so choose.
- As a member of the 1987 Foundation you will be invited to a special annual lunch on or around 24 September each year, the date when in 1987 the charity BRACE was founded.
- Opportunities to meet and ask questions to our world class BRACE funded dementia research scientists, BRACE Chair of Trustees and Chief Executive as well as meet one of BRACE’s celebrity Ambassadors.
- You will have the opportunity to meet with other members of the 1987 Foundation and learn how your pledge will make a difference in the fight to defeat these diseases.
- With your permission, members of ‘The 1987 Foundation’ will also be thanked on our website. Please be assured it is also possible to pledge a future gift but choose to remain anonymous.
- We understand that legacy gifts are a very personal matter and we take great care to ensure that our members’ wishes are understood. By joining ‘The 1987 Foundation’ you will have the opportunity to talk to members of staff about our legacy programme and ask questions about your legacy.
- Past gifts in Wills to BRACE have made a huge impact in helping fund world class clinical and laboratory dementia research. It is thanks to legacies that science is now closer to understanding the causes of these diseases – which is the key to a cure. Significantly, legacies are the bedrock on which pioneering dementia research can achieve success, to find better treatments and change futures.
If you would like to know more about the benefits of joining the BRACE 1987 Foundation please contact Amanda Cole in the BRACE office on 0117 414 4831 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Share this page