Let’s Talk Dementia
Join us on Saturday 30th September, 10am – 5pm, for this free event in Bristol.
Let’s Talk Dementia is a one stop event for families to learn more about dementia.
Meet dementia experts in a friendly setting, seek free advice, ask questions, and learn more about the practicalities of life with dementia.
- Join in with some family and dementia friendly art sessions from the RWA
- Find out what support is available for carers from Bristol and South Glos Carers Support Centre
- Visit a giant inflatable brain dome and learn how the brain works
- Talk to Bristol Dementia Wellbeing Services
- Learn more about Bristol’s first dementia allotments, run by Alive Activities
- Pet some therapy dogs (they will be in a secluded area and easy to avoid for anyone with allergies, or scared of dogs)
- Speak to researchers from the South West Dementia Brain Bank
- Find out what support is available for the Chinese speaking communities in the South West of England from CCWS
- Ask for valuable guidance on financial planning for later life with Harold Stephens IFA
- Speak to award-winning health care home providers Avery Healthcare
- Take part in a fun sports activity with ReEngage a charity supporting older people to be heard, valued and engaged.
- Bristol Dementia Action Alliance will share how they are making Bristol a dementia friendly city, find out how you can get involved!
- And so much more…
Stop by and stay for as long as you like!
We recommend booking free tickets to guarantee your place.
The Event Space at The Paintworks is fully accessible.
The venue has some free parking and is a short walk from Bristol Temple Mead Station, there are also two bus stops less than a five-minute walk away.
Food and drink
The Bocabar, which is next door to the event space, will kindly be offering all attendees 10% discount off hot drinks, soft drinks and their extensive food menu. Make sure you show the staff member your event sticker to be given the discount.