Together 4 Dementia 2021
November 2 @ 10:30 am - 3:00 pm£10.00 – £15.00
Following the success of last year’s online BRACE conference, we invite you to join us again on Tuesday 2nd November at 10.45 am, GMT, (find out what time it will be in your country here). This year’s theme is ‘Dementia: A Global Challenge’.
Dementia affects almost every family and community around the world. Our speakers will explore how dementia affects different groups of people, cultures and those living with disabilities.
We have an outstanding line–up for the day, including:
- Professor Clive Ballard, University of Exeter – one of the UK’s leading dementia researchers – will talk about Exeter’s pioneering PROTECT project. A UK research study aiming to better understand how healthy brains age and why people develop dementia.
- Eloy Van Hal – one of the creators of De Hogeweyk a dementia village in The Netherlands where residents can live a ‘normal life’ with severe dementia,
- Shobna Gulati – actress and former Coronation Street star, dementia campaigner and author of ‘Remember Me? Discovering My Mother as She Lost Her Memory’
- Lori La Bey – broadcaster on Alzheimer’s Speaks Radio, thought to the first radio show in the world dedicated to dementia, from Minneapolis, USA
- Jane Nickels – the UK’s first dementia and learning disabilities Nurse working with MacIntyre
- Rianna Patterson, Founder of Dominica Dementia Foundation and Film Director of Dementia The Island Journey
- Ali Vowles, well known BBC reporter and presenter, will chair the conference
There will also be the chance to sign up to networking in the morning and workshops at lunchtime. Full details will be confirmed closer to the time.
This year we will be charging a small ticket price to help cover costs and protect dementia research funds. If you book before 5pm on the 4th June, you can benefit from a super early bird price of £10.